Ready to Join?
We are offering you 3 different ways to join Friends of the Library:
- Online: click here.
-be sure to use the pull-down menu to indicate that you are joining the Friends of the Library, or add "Friends of the Library" to the Comments field.
- Paper: we encourage you to visit our beautiful, newly renovated library and join in person via cash, check, or card! If you've never stepped foot in our library, or if you'd like a personalized tour of our new building, then please come see us.
- Mail: if you'd rather mail your membership fee then please e-mail Ashley Carroll to request a digital form that you can print out and mail by clicking here.
Friends of the Library Homepage:
Couldn't get enough of the front page, huh?
The Library Gazette:
Dying to know what's the hub-bub at the Mary Helen Cochran Library? Take a look at our library's beautiful publication archives!
Nicole Basbanes Student Book Collection Contest:
Are you a current student at Sweet Briar College who has a secret (or totally public!) obsession with collecting certain types of books? We're here for you, and we've created the perfect outlet for your obsession.
Aside from the obvious benefits of membership, like forming new friendships and having a safe space to talk about your love of books, the Friends of the Library also ensures that all of its members receive:
- Borrowing privileges (if you don't already have them) that apply to all circulating Library collections
- Personal reference services from our lovely, entirely too smart librarians
- In-house use of our Special Collections, including W.H. Auden, T.E. Lawrence, George Meredith, Virginia Woolf, and the Sweet Briar College Archives
- Invitations to our Fall and Spring FOL meetings (the Spring meeting includes a catered dinner and lecture)
- Subscription to the Library Gazette, which includes news of our members' various activities and achievements and recent acquisitions (purchased collection materials) of the Library
FOL meeting held in the Browsing Room of the Library
The Friends of the Library offers various levels of membership to fit the financial needs of its members.
Sweet Briar Student - $5 per year
Regular - $25 per year
Alumnae Clubs - $30 per year
Supporting/Family - $35 per year
Sustaining - $50 per year
Benefactor - $100 per year
Founding - $250 or more per year
Life - $3,000, payable over six years